Sunday

Reasonable Doubts on Palm Leaf Reading

I had the pleasure of visiting the mystical land of India recently with my family. When the plan to visit India was first initiated, the first thing that struck my mind was to experience the Palm Leave Reading or better known in Tamil as ‘Naadi Josiyam’. The mystery behind this Palm Leaf reading is that the past, present and future of each and every being in this world has long been written by holy people of the past years. Now when I say holy people, there might be debates and arguments on how holy can one be and what supernatural powers they possess? However, putting all these debates and arguments aside, let’s just accept the fact or myth that these holy people do possess supernatural powers that can predict exactly what future lies for an individual. Now I know I have been against religion and so forth to the people who know me, but this is not religion. This is actually combination of science, astrology, numerology and a little rational uncertainty that messes the whole Palm Leaf reading process.

Apparently, you can actually determine the past life of an individual. Karma plays an important role here. Now if you have been a naughty person in your past life, you are going to pay for the shit you did in this life and vice versa. Just like the manmade myth of Santa Clause. The only difference is that with Santa around, you don’t get any gifts for Christmas in this life itself if you have been really naughty ;)

I went to Vaitheswarakovil (this is a place in Tamil Nadu, India) to check out my palm leaf. As I said earlier, everyone who has been born in this world has got his/her own palm leaf written. Do not get confused with the fact that this means there are about 7 billion palm leafs as there are about 7 billion people today as of 2009. That does not make sense at all as people die and babies are born every day in this world. So how does it work? I was given the explanation below.

A baby is only born based on the location of planets in our milky way which means there are only 9 planets. When a baby is born, the name, date, time and planet plays and essential part to determine the baby’s characteristics and how he/she is going to live life. Also include the horoscope (in Hindu mythology) as that plays a part as well. By determining all these factors, you can probably reduce the number of palm leafs written for each person in this world. The leaf will also reveal the exact date an individual will come to see his/her Palm Leaf. So that makes the Mathematical Probability do its part. This indirectly means one palm leaf can be shared by more than one person. Still confused? Let me give you an example.

*note that this article is not proven. It is just based on my opinion, knowledge and understanding.

A and B can share the same palm leaf if they were born at the same date and month but different year based on the exact location of planets. Obviously planets do move around the sun just like earth. So perhaps A was born when planets were in situation A and B was born also when the planets were in situation A but after all the 9 planets have completed one whole cycle going around the sun. If you are still confused, I guess you just need to experience palm leaf reading for yourself.

Now when I went to get my reading of Palm Leaf, it took about 10mins to find a leaf that suits me almost perfectly. In this process, the man reading the Leaf asked me to stop when my name is mentioned. So he read out about 20-30 leafs containing names that revolves my date of birth. (I gave only my date of birth and my left and right thumb print to them). The moment he mentioned my name, I stopped him after which he asked me to answer yes if the leaf has got correct information of my present life. That took another 5-6 leafs and eventually he found the one which was written for me so they say.

The particular leaf had my name, my parents’ name, my siblings’ name, the general job of my parents and how many sisters and brother I have. All this were absolutely spot-on. Amazed? So was I. Once we agreed that this is my leaf, he then started to tell about my past life and how it has affected my current life. Of course he also told me that the leaf will tell what you will be in the years to come and when you will die but I skipped that part thus; he only gave me a quick glimpse of it. However, the 1st doubt came when I asked him if the leaf has got my next life’s information. Astonishingly he answered ‘no’. I did not pursue that doubt as I didn’t want to engage in a debate with him.

Doubt: If a leaf can reveal my past life, how my past life influenced my present life, how I will live my present live till I die, why can’t it determine my future life? Is that how far the karma goes? 2 lifes. Even cats have got 9 lives so they say.

Apparently I did some nonsense in my previous life which is why I am paying for it now according to the leave. To avoid bad things to happen in this life, I can actually do some rituals for a period of time and this will change my future. This part of the story might have been made up by the person who read the leaf, but if it is true, then Palm Leave reading is original bull shit you see at the streets in India.

Doubt: If you can change the future, doesn’t that mean the leaf is lying? By
changing the future, I cannot get another leaf to be read because this particular leaf is mine. Written for people who were born on my birth date and month with the particular location of the planets remember.


After this part of the story, I started to lose concentrating and believe. He told me a few things about my future which I can’t go against as I have not passed the age yet in which I will post an article if it happens or not. One thing I can say is that according to the leaf, I will live a rather long time in this world. Good news, the world is not going to end on 21st December 2012 after all as predicted by the Mayans. Actually they did not predict this date; it’s just that their self-made calendars did not have any dates after the mentioned date above. Perhaps the associated person in-charge of the responsibility to create the calendar died or his hands got bite by a crocodile. I don’t know.

At the end of the session, he left the palm leaf on the table and went to grab an envelope to put in the cassette he was recording the whole process of him reading out to me the palm leaf information. When he left, I had a glimpse of the Palm Leaf. Now I have not seen a palm leaf in my life so I would not know if the palm leaf I saw is actually an original one. From what I read on the internet it probably was a palm leaf after all. When I touched the leaf, the material was more like a measuring tape used by contractors to measure lengths. When I saw the writings on the leaf, it was in Tamil. My vision may have deceived me, but I am pretty sure I could read a few a words written in that leaf

Doubt: Wasn’t it supposed to be Vatta Ezhuthu? If I could have read it, then it should be Tamil. Unless I suddenly had this light beam shun on me and mysteriously I could read Vatta Ezhuthu. Vatta Ezhuthu is an ancient Tamil language which does not appear as the Tamil alphabets we see today. Vatta Ezhuthu is the language used to write these predictions on a Palm Leaf.

Nevertheless it all ended and I was satisfied that I finally had experienced this mythical and mysterious palm leaf reading. As a whole, I was pleased on what has said about me on my past and my future life. If everything that was said to me as predicted happens, I would be very happy and would for sure propose this palm leaf reading to everyone. If only there was a palm leaf reading for every country. That would be awesome. Guess we just have to wait for the next General Election. Adious amigo!

5 comments:

K said...

sample script in vatta ezhutu...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/karthik1/174407049/in/photostream/#/

evolution of tamil scripts....

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mu-eIzrnSTM/R76Kls-twdI/AAAAAAAAAc0/x8GHWqfWHjw/s1600-h/History_of_Tamil_script.jpg

Kuhan said...

thanx for the info. The evolution part was pretty amazing

Anonymous said...

Not bad ah bhai... good experience indeed... enjoyed reading it

Kuhan said...

yaare bhai ithe

Anonymous said...

You are witnessing the event as a" sneak preview" that wіll get you starteԁ.
There are many foгeigneгs ωho havе the capаcity to cοnstantly talk to an actual persоn thаt's well-informed and helpful whenever you talk to Cassidy? And this product provides them with administrative, clerical and technical assistance, 24/7.

Here is my blog post: internet marketing coaching programs